TES NEWS, Volume 4, Number 2, May 1995
<-- Hubble Space Telescope images of Mars, February 1995.
Read All About It- Recent Mars Articles
Compiled by K. Edgett, 21 April 1995
- "The Soil of Mars," by Mark A. Bullock, Mercury, v. 23,
- from the Astronomical Society of the
Pacific, 390 Ashton Ave., San Francisco, CA 94112.
- "Fossil-hunting on Mars," by Jack D. Farmer, Mercury, v. 23,
- Did anything ever live on Mars?
- "Mars Pathfinder on Track," Sky & Telescope, April 1995.
- Includes photo from University of Arizona's Mars Garden.
- "Syrtis Major Looms Large ..." Astronomy, April 1995.
- Hubble Space Telescope image of Mars from September 1994.
- "A 'Cleaned-up' Phobos Shows Sharper Details ..." Astronomy,
- New photomosaic of a martian moon.
- "Delta's Dawn: The Making of a Rocket," by Louis Zea, Final
Frontier, February-March 1995.
- About the Delta II Rocket, the kind of launcher
that will be used for Mars Global Surveyor
and Mars Pathfinder in late 1996.
Keep Reading All About it -- Mars Newsletters
There are at least two free newsletters, in addition to TES News,
which will keep you up-to-date on Mars information.
The Martian Chronicle is published by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
and covers topics on Mars Surveyor Project, Mars Global Surveyor, and
Mars Pathfinder. For a hardcopy newsletter, contact the editor,
David Dubov, at (818) 393-7876 or e-mail David.S.Dubov@jpl.nasa.gov.
On the World Wide Web, look for the newsletter at
MARSBUGS: The Electronic Exobiology Newsletter is published on a
monthly basis by co-editors David Thomas (Belleville Area College, IL) and
Julian Hiscox (Univ. Alabama at Birmingham, AL). It is available by
e-mail only, and features articles about the search for extraterrestrial
life, adaptability of humans to space environments, and in particular the
question of life and prebiotic chemistry on Mars. Contact Julian Hiscox
for subscription information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Contents of TES News May 1995
Article by K.S. Edgett, April 1995