TES NEWS, Volume 4, Number 3, August 1995
Mars Reading List
Compiled by K. Edgett, 3 August 1995
Recent magazine articles about Mars have focused on four main topics:
Hubble Space Telescope's 1994-95 observations of Mars, meteorites
thought to be from Mars, Mars Surveyor, and Mars Pathfinder, and
future Mars colonization. An article about Mars K-12 education was
published in the Astronomical Society of the Pacific's Mercury,
and another one is due this Fall in the National Space Society's magazine,
- "The Search for Life on Mars: Revelations of the New Martian
Meteorite," by P. Dasch and J. Kross, Ad Astra,
- "Climate Change: It's Happened on Mars," by P. Dasch and
J. Kross, Ad Astra, May-June 1995.
- "Mars Chills Out," Sky & Telescope, June 1995.
- "Mars in Hubblevision," Astronomy, June 1995.
- "Mars: America's New Frontier," by R. Zubrin, Final Frontier,
- "A Chip off the old Mars," Sky & Telescope, July 1995.
- "Microscopic Astronomy," by A.E. Rubin, Sky & Telescope,
- "A Coolness on Mars," Discover, July 1995.
- "Lockheed Martin to Write Next Chapter of Martian Chronicles,"
by P. Dasch and J. Kross, Ad Astra, July-August 1995.
- "To Mars by Way of the School House," by K. Edgett, Mercury,
- "Messengers from Mars," by M. Robinson and M. Wadhwa, Astronomy,
- "Building a Bridge to Mars," by W. H. Boyer, Final Frontier,
- "A Mock-up Martian Rover..." Astronomy, September 1995.
- "Mars 1995: Clouds with Silver Linings," by M.B. Pepin, Sky & Telescope,
- We also recently found a children's book about Mars, full of pictures
and facts: The Red Planet: Mars, by Isaac Asimov, Isaac Asimov's
New Library of the Universe, Gareth Stevens Publishing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1994.
Back to Contents of TES News August 1995